31/03/2011

AoBR Warboss W.I.P.

You might have seen in one of my earlier posts that I bought the Assault on Black Reach Warboss and a couple of Nobz. Since then I slightly converted the Warboss making his powerklaw a bit more menacing and I created a base that will fit in with the rest of my Ork horde.


only the "Base paint" done 

When the black undercoat was dry I started with what I call "base painting". This means I paint everything on the model with a single layer with the darkest or deepest color. It's a good way to see what the model will look like eventually.
One of the prominent colors I use for my Bad Moons is of course sunburst yellow but that's a real hard color to paint with because it just doesn't cover at all. What I do is I mix up sunburst yellow with Lysanden Darksun foundation paint and when that layer is dry I layer some diluted sunburst yellow on top of that to create that popping yellow color.
As a spot color I use Liche Purple you can see that color coming back on my models here and there. It's a nice contrast color to the Sunburst Yellow.
I find the best way to make good looking teeth and claws is to start with Graveyard Earth and work that up to a mix of Bleached Bone and Skull White. In the picture you can see that the base color is graveyard earth.
Orks should always be green but I think a muted green or realistic green looks a bit nicer then the bright Orks you see around. I use Gretchin Green foundation paint as a base color and work it up from there. you will get a light green skin from that. I do wash the skin with Devlan Mud, Gryphonne Sepia and Leviathan Purple in between each layer and I do dilute some washes. I will talk about that more in a later post.

Now that the Base painting is done I check for errors and correct them if needed and then I will start to apply some washes but more on that later...

Seb

1 comment:

SAJ said...

First time on your site, very impressed with your recent Nobz, looking forward to more on da boss