13/04/2011

Looted Wagon part 3

I'm still having a lot of fun with my Looted Chimera. I have started work on the tracks and although they're not finished yet I thought I might show you where things are going with this project.I took the original tracks off because I think they are to flimsey and clean for an Ork Tank. That did mean however that I would have to make my own.
As you can see in the picture I did some bodywork on the inside and I like how it looks so I will probably keep that going for the rest of the interior.I glued a piece of fly netting on the floor so After I paint that it will look pretty cool.
 But I also started on the tracks. It's quite a tedious job cutting all those tracks and then scarring them but I think I'm heading in the right direction. I want to make them more Orky by adding some sort of spikes to them but I'm not sure how to do that yet.I'll have to think about it for a bit. I will go and bend some corners of some tracks. They're scratched and scarred but I think they should look even more damaged.



The front of the Chimera saw some work too. I made a hull mounted machine gun from an old Sentinel exhaust and made my own vision slits for the driver. I want to make it so the driver pops his head out on top so the vision slit is just for show and to break up the clean front.

Related articles:
Looted Wagon part 1: taking the original painted Chimera apart
Looted Wagon part 2: working on the Reinforced Ram

Seb

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is coming along nicely, and im liking your work on the bolts and rivets. Can i ask which method you use for them? Are they pre-made or do you make them yourself?

BaBuGames said...

Thank you, I make them myself. I have some rods that are round and hexagon shaped. I slice a bit off the end and stick them together. I'll make some pictures for the next issue of the looted wagon so stay tuned. (follow me?)

Cheers,
Seb

Anonymous said...

That would be good, cheers :)

Porky said...

This looks great. Making so much yourself is bold, and admirable, and of course really the only proppa way to go! As the page was loading the word in my mind to describe making a looted wagon was 'fun' and there it was, right at the top. Building Orky gubbinz is fun.

Brother Captain said...

Looking great so far. I admire your patience in making individual track links. Can't wait to see it finished!

Rictus said...

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who seems to become OCD when it comes to looting and building Ork vehicles. The Wagon is shaping up nicely, will be keeping an eye on how it progresses.

Unknown said...

HI, i see this page is old but id really like to see this project which i assume is long since been finished. Ive just taken the hobby back up and ive chosen to start building an ork army, simply because of excellent modelling oppertunities - like this one!