07/11/2011

Ork Battlewagon WIP 1

Ork Battlewagon WIP
Two weeks ago I finally got my shipment in from Maelstorm. I had placed an order for an Ork Battlewagon and I had to wait 3 weeks for it to arive. In those three weeks I had plenty of time to think about what kind of color scheme I would paint it and what it should like like. I decided on an all Yellow Battlewogon but with loads of rust and battle damage.

I'm painting the wagon in stages because it's easier to handle and paint that way. I've assembled it so that I can take everything of if I decide to go "open topped" or full armour with battle canon.I can take everything off and change it to fit the specifications on my army roster.

I have also added some armour plating above the rear big shoota's to give them some more protection. I just think it looks better this way instead of the big gaping holes in the sides and top.

As you can see some parts are still in the armypainter yellow undercoat and some part are already painted. It was the first time I used an army painter colored primer and probably the last. Yellow is a hard color to paint and the primer didn't cover properly in some areas and was too thick in other areas. I went over with a can from the DIY store and painted lyanden foundation over that and finished it off with a layer of watered down golden yellow before I started the weathering.

Still need to do the Tusks.....

The reinforced ram will probably not get used a lot because I want to go for a "deff rolla" but it was great fun painting it up. The bad moon icon on the front was done "free hand".



Cheers,
Seb

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. Yellow battlewagons are sweet and the weathering looks awesome.

Rictus said...

Turret and ram look excellent. Really do like how your yellow turns out. Looking forward to the rest of the 'wagon getting finished.

Mike Howell said...

Jobs a good 'un!

Papa JJ said...

Everything looks great so far. The Bad Moon design on the ram is fantastic!

Porky said...

It's a looker. I love the detail you've layered on there - it has a real sense of history.