27/07/2012

Rules in 6th we forget...

Precision Shot anyone?
It's been almost a month now that we have been playing 6th edition. Most of us have got a few games under their belt and where we were looking up rules a lot in the beginning we are now getting comfortable with them and games run much smoother.

 However there are a couple of things I keep forgetting to use in my games and I was wondering if this was the same for you guys. Basically I'm looking for those obscure things that might give you the edge on the battlefield. There might be rules that I'm not even aware of because if you keep playing within the same group of guys all the time you get used to the same set of rules and they become the new "House rules".

Here's a couple of things I keep forgetting:

#1: Challenging.
I know a lot of people do this or try to find ways to use this ability as part of their strategy but I keep forgetting to do it. I guess I have to write it in capitals above my own army list or something.

#2: Precision shot.
Your character is able to shoot with precision if he rolls 6's. I just roll all the dice at the same time and forget to roll separately or with different coloured dice. If your character gets the precision shot you get to allocate the wound(s) and the target doesn't need to be in the front. Work a bit like the sniper rule.This could be useful, if only i would remember it in time.

#3: Precision Strike.
This works the same as the precision strike mentioned above but then in close combat. Again this would be useful if you're not in a challenge and you want to take out the special weapon guys or something.

#4: Vehicle blows up strength 4 hits
It's only a minor change from 5th edition but I keep rolling for Strength 3 hits instead of Strength 4. I guess if both me and my opponent keep doing this there's not really an edge but it's simply not according the rules.

What are the rules that you keep forgetting? let me know in the comments plz.

Cheers,
Seb

3 comments:

Eric said...

I almost always to forget to roll for night fight.

Mike Howell said...

lol. I always need to put a giant sign on my Screaming Bell that says "RING ME" so I fully understand.

40K + T&A said...

I used marbo and threw a Demo charge on a closest model tech marine and the las cannon marine behind him...normally AP 2, his 2+ Look out sir totally boned my attack and 3 normal marines died....sucks